Shopping around for your home and auto insurance at renewal is the best way to ensure you are getting the best rate.
However, the tedious process prevents many insureds from searching for better rates.
In minutes, Gabi can help you find better rates for your current coverage across top insurance providers.
Gabi streamlines the process of brokering your insurance rates by offering rates from several insurance providers at one.
Who is Gabi?
Gabi is an insurance brokerage tool which can help you find lower premiums for your home and auto insurance.
Gabi compares your current policy rates with top insurance providers to help you find the best premium for the same coverage.
Gabi is licensed in all 50 states and has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau. They promise there are no lengthy forms or questionnaires to receive a quote.
The platform is completely free to use. You are not obligated to bind a quote once you receive comparison rates, and they will never charge you any fees.
You can shop for a variety of coverages through Gabi, such as:
Gabi can also help you search for RV and motorcycle coverage, but you must discuss these coverages with a representative first.
How does Gabi save you money?
Gabi compares rates across major insurance providers, such as Travelers, Safeco, Nationwide, Allstate, and Progressive.
Their system gathers quotes for the same coverage on your current policy and presents you with the lowest rate. Gabi partners with insurance companies and is paid a commission once the policy is bound.
Even if a company is not partnered with them, they will always provide the lowest quote first.
Gabi will also shop for multi-product insurance and alert you to potential savings. When you bundle policies together, you save money on your premium.
They will unlock carrier discounts when you are eligible, such as safe-driver or multi-vehicle.
What if you are midterm on your current policy?
You can switch policies or companies at any time. Even if you have paid your policy in full, most insurance companies will refund you on a pro-rated basis when you cancel.
Some companies charge an early termination fee. If you are concerned with this, a Gabi advisor can discuss your specific situation to determine the next steps.
How do you get a quote through Gabi?
Quoting through Gabi is relatively straightforward.
To begin, Gabi will ask for some basic information about you. This will help them quote accurately and communicate with you moving forward.
Next, you will link your current insurance account so Gabi can pull details on your current policy. Gabi cannot log into your account or make changes on your behalf.
If you are having trouble connecting your account, you can send a PDF of your current declarations page. A declarations page is a document which summarizes your coverages and premium.
If you choose to send your declaration page, a Gabi insurance advisor will need to manually review your coverage. This may lengthen the quoting process.
Once your information is provided, Gabi’s technology will review your current policy limits and generate a comparison list.
Gabi promises to always offer the cheapest policy first, even if it’s with a company that they are not partnered with. The quoting process can take anywhere from 2 minutes to 48 hours depending on how you provide your policy information.
It is important to note the initial quotes are based solely on policy limits and are not bindable quotes. Gabi will need some additional information, such as car and driver information, to finalize your quote.
Gabi will return with a final rate after confirming with the carrier. If you need to change the information on your quote at any time, a Gabi insurance advisor is available to assist.
Once you decide on a final quote, Gabi will forward you to the insurance company to complete the binding process.
You will also continue to make payments on your policy directly through the insurance company. Gabi does not take any payments or fees directly.
After you bind your policy, the insurance company will send you your new card directly. Most future communications regarding your policy will be handled by the insurance company.
However, Gabi advisors are able to direct you to the appropriate contact within the company if you have any questions, claims, or changes to your policy.
Should you use Gabi to shop for your insurance?
Gabi is a relatively new company who is making recent strides.
There are several differentiators which help set it apart from other brokerage sites:
- Not a lead generator: Other brokerage sites sell your information as leads to insurance agents. Gabi promises not to sell your information or send you any spam. Because they want to remain your trusted broker for life, they keep your information private and secure.
- Data security: It can be nerve-wracking to upload secure information onto the internet. Gabi understands this and utilizes special security measures to keep your data safe. The connection between your browser and their servers is encrypted with Secure Sockets Layer or SSL. Gabi uses best practice procedures when it comes to how and why your data is accessed.
- Good financial strength: Gabi has an “A” rating with the Better Business Bureau and is partnered with several highly reputable insurance companies. All payments are processed through the insurance company directly, so be sure to research the financial background of the company before closing an offer.
- Customer Service: Gabi offers several methods of customer support, including live chatting, email, and phone. If you need any assistance with your policy, Gabi has several licensed insurance advisors ready to assist you. If you experience a claim or need to change policy information, Gabi will help connect you with your insurance company and make sure everything runs smoothly.
- Overselling: One of the largest complaints about Gabi is they bait you with promises of big savings and fail to deliver. Gabi claims to find savings for 7 out of 10 of their insureds with an average of $720 in savings on their premium. However, many people complain the actual savings are far short of that. While Gabi prides itself on finding the lowest premiums, they do not promise savings for everyone.
- Entering more information than promised: The first quote Gabi provides is not a bindable quote but rather a best estimate based on policy limits. Once you decide on a company and a quote, Gabi will forward you to the company’s site to produce a bindable quote. This will require more personal information, such as your driver history. Based on additional information, the carrier may offer a different rate altogether.
Shopping for insurance rates can be a headache for many.
Gabi’s streamlined process, excellent customer service, and top-rated insurance partners help reduce the stress of finding better rates and switching companies.
Gabi does not represent every insurance provider.
While they represent top insurance companies, there are other providers who may offer better rates.
Be sure to research every option before making a decision on a new insurance company.
The post Gabi Review | Finding the Best Rate for Your Insurance appeared first on Cash Money Life | Personal Finance, Investing, & Career.